Clearwater Beach, FL
Wyndham Grand is now seeking a Housekeeping Houseperson to join our team at the Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach location in Clearwater, Florida.
Apply in person Monday, February 15th at our Wyndham Grand Clearwater Beach Hiring Event, 10am - 6pm. Click Apply In Person for the address. There will be free parking for the hiring event, details will be in your confirmation email after you click "Apply" and submit your information.
Wyndham Grand offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Complimentary Meals
- Complimentary Parking
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Hotel Discounts
The Housekeeping Houseperson is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of guest corridors, elevators and all assigned areas. He/she is also responsible for delivering items to guest rooms (luggage, irons, coffee, etc.).
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Walked assigned floors at beginning and end of shift; remove newspapers, trays, empty ash urns, remove trash and/or linens and note any areas that need immediate cleaning.
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other employees.
- Use daily checklist to complete projects listed below as assigned.
- Elevator lobbies
- Ash urns
- Glass tables
- Ice machines/vending machines
- Elevator doors/frames
- Service landing/linen closets
- Stair wells
- Polish floors
- Other projects as assigned by management
- Practice safe work habits to ensure safety to guests, fellow employees and self.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the hotel standards.
- At the end of the shift, turn in all keys and assignment sheets to the Housekeeping Office.
- Report maintenance issues to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Be familiar with correct guestroom cleaning procedures to assist with cleaning if needed.
- Pick up any Room Attendant's dirty linen or trash as needed.
- Before leaving section, collect all trash from the service landings and take to/dispose in outside trash dumpsters, per hotel procedures.
- Vacuum guest corridors.
- Assist Housekeeping as needed (i.e. bedboards, roll-aways, flip beds, etc.)
- Deliver any clean linen to assigned sections, if applicable.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of Housekeeping Office, linen rooms, storage closets and stairwells.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state (property specific).
Operational hours 24 / 7